Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just something minor, but "Merry Christmas" should be in Katakana instead of hiragana. So メリ-クリスマス would work. Unless you did that on purpose that is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, yeah, OCB told me about it, I was going to change it as I was posting the Proto Omega news but I couldn't get the new site online yet, and forgot to change it. I thought katakana would be correct as they are foreign words, but searching Google images for both versions I found more anime like pics with the hiragana one, so I thought it'd be more common in the anime community. I'll fix it later today.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BUMP

Even though the site has been ready since Christmas, I was waiting to get what I hope to be the best host. This is to confirm I just signed up, and I'll be uploading the site ASAP. There are some minor (mostly visual) issues with the site to address that will be fixed over time.

I'll post all the information in the Granaboard website when it's ready.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Status report:

Account registration → Done
    Account setup → Done
    Proto Omega reconfiguration → Done
    Proto Omega upload → Done
    Database export → Done
    Insert ads → Done
    New intro article → Done
    New feature: user awards → Done
    New feature: improvement in members list → Done
    New feature: integration with Hostboard accounts → Done
    Member ccounts linking to Hostboard → Done
    Granaboard website restore → Done

New edition of the GR&R → In progress
    Request removal of automatic ads → Requested, pending removal
    Granaboard website news → 1/2 done

Granaboard website link → Pending

The host will be updating the server for a faster one as well. The site will be opened as early as Tuesday, I'm mostly waiting for the automatic ads to be removed (they don't look too well where they are, so I've manually installed them and requested the host to disable the auto ads for me).

Check this post back for more news (I'll be editing it).

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 16, 2005 11:41 AM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Server moved successfully and subdomain fixed. Still working for the ads &gt;_&lt; . I can't launch the site right now because it wouldn't work in MSIE at all, and the ads would kind of break the stile a little. Sorry guys, but it doesn't depend on me.

Meh, I'm starting to get tired of downtime, moving, problems, and this, the site is ready to launch since two weeks ago and at this rate not even the second Proto Omega will see the light. I haven't launched the site and I'm already considering to switch hosts &gt;_&lt;. This is the most frustrating part of being a webmaster - most free hosts have either laughable features, laughable ToSes, or countless problems here and there, and I work my ass off for three weeks to make this damned site and now nobody can use it because it's not getting hosted.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 23, 2005 12:04 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Site up, but database down... I'm getting tired of this even before it's open, if by next week it's not 100% operational and they remove the fucking auto banners as they said they would, I'll look for a host *AGAIN* and sign up somewhere else.

Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't worry Miguel, we know you work hard on that site. Just be patient with the host, noone's rushing you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I told them to fuck off. I'll look for another host, but because of these idiots, the site is further delayed for at least another week, since I have a final on monday. &gt;_&lt; You can thank the ahost4free network for a month and a half of delay on Proto Omega's release.

Inactive Member One Classy Bloke's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, they are giving you a service for free, just like you are here.

Besides, no one here is breathing down your neck to get it going, so why should you breath down theirs?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Because well, if they say something will happen and it doesn't, then you give them two generous weeks, it still doesn't, then you give them another two weeks, and it still doesn't, then you feel you're wasting your time. But the main reason why I'm pissed off is that they've attended everybody's requests but mine. There's a board where you ask for your auto ads removed after you've placed yours manually. I double checked the requirements and posted. Nothing happened. Others posted. Got their ads removed. I bumped my thread thinking they may have overlooked it. Nothing happened. Others posted. Got them fixed. Still mine unattended. I got seriously pissed off, but posted again and asked what happened, because I had waited so much for this post. Ignored again. I was silently, systematically ignored for some reason. Maybe they checked the board and like us.

In any case, I got royally pissed off. Nobody treats me like that. And they're lucky I don't have time for trouble, otherwise I'd have tried to fuck their boards up.

As for the rush, well, as you know, Proto Omega is about one year late, and I had promised to do it for you so many times. I even wanted it to be the board's Christmas gift. Then I at least hoped for an early January release. And now all I wanted is to be able to release it before I have to study for my final, because now it's delayed for another week. Now all I can hope is early February, but I'll have to do a job, 8 hours a day, and not at home, so who knows. At this rate, Proto Omega will never be released, and this month it was closer than ever; I had lots of free time to deal with its launch (it takes a lot of time bug fixing and all at first), but I wasted it waiting for these retards.

BTW, they're not really offering an altruistic service like me, they're getting paid with Google ads and (as they said) they intend on making money. Which is perfectly fine by me. All I want is for it to work when they said they would, and not to be discriminated against, especially when I was one of the few guys who actually cared for their stupid boards and posted useful shit, trying to counter a dozen llamas who only posted "hi how i upload my frontpage stuff to my intarweb lolz" like things.

<font color="#345E81" size="1">[ January 25, 2005 08:00 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12